Content of the article
The plugin has 5 basic tabs - woocommerce Products Editor, Settings, Meta Fields, History, Help and 3 operating tabs: Filters, Bulk Edit, Export. All basic operations are performed in the first tab Products Editor.
This is main tab and all another are services for this one. 2 first columns always visible - checkboxes and products ID and its not possible to disable them or change their order, last columns with 2 blue buttons also not possible to disable or reorder.
Using checkbox is possible to select one or more products. To select some products select first one, then press SHIFT button on your keyboard and select last one. The same way working deselection of the products - deselect first and pressing SHIFT button on your keyboard select last product to deselect all products between them.
Selecting product by chekboxes allows you to set products which values are possible to change using Bulk Editor tab form and also if to enable 'binded editing' it is possible to change any value in any one selected products and the same value will be set to all another selected products. Just now try to set for example the same Regular Price for all selected products. If you can not see Regular price column enable it in tab Settings and press save button there.
Also after selecting products in the tools panel will be appeared some new blue buttons as: duplicate products, remove products, uncheck all selected products.
- Set full width - allows to hide/show wp-admin navigation sidebar
- Columns profile - allows saving and load columns profiles which helps load necessary columns structure and their order instantly. Convenient with bulk editing and export different set of products data.
- Filter profiles - allows saving current combination of the filter to play it in future without selecting items in the Filters tab
- New products - creates new empty products using WooCommerce API functionality
- Variations Advanced Bulk Operations - set of tools for working with variations of variable products, read more here.
- Variations - with enabling this switcher all variations of variable products become visible and all bulk and binded operations will be relative to the "products variations" only. Bulk editing of "parent products" will be ignored! If to enable this mode only relevant bulk-edit operations will be possible! Before activation of this mode for more convenient editing of "products variations" recommend in filters make filtering for all "variable products".
- select all variations - button which appears when enabled switcher "Variations". Allows to select all "products variations" presented on the current page.
- binded editing - In this mode to the all selected products will be set the value of a product field which been edited.
- Duplicate products - allows to duplicate (clone) selected products. ATTENTION: duplication of variations of the products is locked!
- Remove products - allows to remove selected products. If you by mistake removed some products you can revert them back in on the products trash page here wp-admin/edit.php?post_status=trash&post_type=product
- Uncheck all selected products - deselect all selected products
- Per page - set how many products display per page, max value is 100.
Last column with 2 blue buttons allows to see the product on the front and also edit product on its edit page as you did it before installing WOOBE.
All fields has attached interactive elements which allows edit its value by click on it. The simplest is textinput attached to such columns as title and prices. Click on it one time, enter new value and press Enter button to save and complete editing. All columns can be enabled or disabled in tab Settings. All another interactive elements are simple and intuitive. The plugin has about ~50 different predefined columns.
A lot of fields can be ordered by their values.
ATTENTION: WOOBE works with PHP from 5.4 to 7.2 and its recommended to use PHP 7.x.x. Also do not show all system columns on the page on the same time as its possible to get 500 server error because of memory overloading - use columns you need for the current operation, the more - profile system allows to switch between "predefined columns set" very quickly (columns profile button). Also by the plugin design to avoid memory overloading, maximum products per page is 100, and if you working with products variations it is better so set it about 10 because bulk editing in this plugin doesn mean not only edit selected products - you can edit as all products in the shop on the same time using tab Bulk Edit, so you can filter products by Filters and then bulk edit only filtered products. As the system uses rich interactive elements its takes more server resources from one side, but from another its provides reliability, compatibility and high managing possibilities for your shop data.
If you edited data in some products and decided that you entered wrong data it is possible to roll back changes in tab History.
If you need edit meta fields generated by any plugins (for example SEO meta title of any SEO-plugin) use tab Meta Fields to add new meta keys, save, select them in tab Settings and press save button - now all them are visible and ready for editing in the Products Editor. Usually a meta field has long key, so to avoid making its column too wide in tab Meta Fields set short title for the meta key.